Here is a great recipe for an energy boosting Man Salad.
For lunch each weekday (and sometimes on Saturday) eat a salad. But not just any salad, eat a Man Salad darn it! Packing as many T-boosting foods as possible into this thing.
- Spinach/Spring Salad Mix. This is the base of the salad. Use Organic Girl Greens from Whole Foods. Yeah, I know. The base of the Man Salad comes from a company called Organic Girl. Spinach and other leafy green vegetables contain minerals like magnesium and zinc, which have been shown to aid in T production.
- Meat. Meat, particularly beef, provides our bodies with the protein it needs to create muscle (more muscle = more T) and the fats and cholesterol to make T. Chicken has a little more protein than beef if you prefer.
- Nuts. Usually a handful of Brazil nuts or walnuts. Nuts are little fat bombs that provide the cholesterol that Leydig cells need for T production. Just don’t go crazy with them. Too much selenium is no bueno.
- Avocado/Olives. Avocados and olives are a great source of the good fats we need for healthy T production.
- Broccoli. Every now and then throw some broccoli into the salad. Broccoli contains high levels of indoles, which has been shown to reduce the bad estrogen in our bodies that sap T levels.
- Olive Oil. Top the Man Salad off with lots of olive oil. Research suggests that olive oil helps your Leydig cells absorb cholesterol better. Our Leydig cells need cholesterol to make T. More cholesterol absorption = more testosterone.
- Balsamic Vinegar. Mostly for taste. It’s also supposed to help keep your insulin in check.
Most of the ingredients for the Man Salad were from Whole Foods. For those curious, all the ingredients were divided by six to make six of these salads in a week. The cost per salad was roughly $5. That’s about the price many folks pay every day for a crappy fast food meal.
Thanks to Brett of http://www.artofmanliness.com for this recipe.