If you want notification of future posts, click Follow. You will NOT be spam’d.
Tag Archives: home
#FederalReserve aka #Fed Discovers Gold – Fools Gold
No. I am NOT talking about the movie, Fool’s Gold.
I am talking about the Fed finding wealth and a strong economy where there is none.
Like the little boy who cried “Wolf!”, the Fed keeps saying “The Economy is good!”
Here is the fool’s gold the Fed uses to keep saying :The Economy is good!”
1. Auto sales are up. Well they were up until the recently released May report showed a drop of 6%. The recent auto sales were propped up by easy credit but now they have run out of buyers. Here are details.
2. Home sales are up. Well they were up until the June 1, 2016 report. Again home sales have been boosted by easy credit and low interest rates until now. Here are details.
3. Unemployment is down. Well unemployment has dropped to 4.7% but the recent jobs report announced June 3, 2016 showed a shocking one fifth the average number of jobs created. Unemployment went down because more people have given up or are retired. Here are details.
Here are the real concerns the Fed should be looking at.
1. Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. These firms have been using derivatives to hedge against interest rate changes and lost $475 million last year. Here are details.
2. US Productivity. The statistics show it went down 1% in the first quarter and now one of the Fed members says it may go down again this month. Here are details.
3. Corporate Bond Sales. These are still high and may match last year’s record in order to finance other mergers. Here are details.
In summary, the 2008 bailout involved lower interest rates. But the Fed should have raised interest rates in 2011 instead of maintaining the ridiculous 2% inflation target. Here is how:
Or if you want more information on whether a recession is coming or not, read this.
The Fed is chartered with controlling inflation and encouraging job growth. One Fed member recently said they are too busy to add a third task aka improving the economy. Well they have dropped the ball on job growth which would have improved the economy. Here is what the Fed could have and still can do for job growth.
Good luck out there.
Caption Contest – Retirement
Here is my entry to the USA Caption Contest featuring art work by Mike Smith.
For more retirement fun look at this post.